How To Stop Shopping: 7 Strategies To Succeed

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
Do you ever feel like you're trying to live your life through a shopping mall?

You know, like the one in the movie "Pulp Fiction?"

That's what I've been doing for years. And it's not working out so well for me.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being pulled into the vortex of consumerism and spending money on things that aren't really important. It's time for me to make a change! So here are 7 strategies that will help me stop shopping:

1. Set up an automatic payment schedule for your credit card so that you can pay off your balance in full every month. This way, no matter how much money is left on the card, you'll never be able to spend it because there won't be any cash left over!

2. Take some time off of work or school and go on vacation somewhere where you can relax without having to spend money (like Hawaii?). It might take some planning ahead, but it could be worth it if it helps you get rid of all those compulsive shopping habits.

3. Don't shop every time you get a craving.

4. Get rid of your credit card and only use cash for things that can't be replaced online, like toiletries and pet supplies.

5. Make a list of the things you need, then buy them all at once.

6. Try not to shop on Saturday afternoon because it's when stores are most crowded and the lines are longest. but do it anyway! It's fun to see what's new in stores and hear the salespeople trying to sell you stuff!

7. Use coupons (or ask friends for theirs) to get discounts on clothes, shoes, and other items you might want to buy anyway but wouldn't have bought otherwise because they were expensive or out of style by now (like those big flats from last year).

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
Shopping can be intoxicating if you love shopping spree but you can control it .Start with having your vacation somewhere where you can relax without having to spend money. You have to do your research on that.

You have to reduce your cravings to helps you get rid of all those compulsive shopping habits.
infact ,try not to shop every time you get a craving.

Another one is ton ditch your credit card and only use cash for things that can't be replaced online. This will help you have limited money to spend then make a list of the thing you want to buy and stick to it