Why You Should Keep A Spending Journal

moonchild

Credits
$3.34870
A spending journal will help you a lot in tracking your expense low, this is my own personal experience, I realised I became more accountable when I keep a personal journal, everyday I update it with what I've spent and how much I made, It put things into perspective for me and I was able to limit my spendings and keep my expenses at bay, so if you're looking at keeping a spending journal, this is a good guide to help you.

1) Start Today: Starting a journal is practically free, you don't pay anyone anything, you just do it, I use the safe notes app from Google play, you can download and get started, it has a password feature and also has a cloud saving feature, so you can access it online easily, you can also secure it to restrict access from a third party.

2) Be Honest: Remember it is actually you against you, and you're trying to be accountable to yourself, so write everything as it is and make sure you record everything, every penny.

You can then compare or contrast at the end of the day and see if you're making progress on your journey or slacking off, you can then make appropriate change

niche

Credits
$1.22950
Do you keep your spending journal online or offline? If online, what kind of software do you use for keeping records? Keeping records is high recommended since it will help in future, to find out when certain items were purchased, the cost. Most people forget their various expenses after some time, and the journal or book is the only source of records. Hackers are often altering or deleting the online or digital records, files. So it is better to keep all the records offline, since the hackers are less likely to trespass in the house, and delete or tamper the records.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.37390
If you’re looking to become more mindful and intentional with your spending, one of the best ways to do that is by keeping a spending journal. A spending journal is a place where you can record all of the money you spend, as well as any thoughts and feelings you have about your spending habits. It can help you become more conscious of how much you’re spending, where it’s going, and how you feel about it.

Here are a few reasons why you should keep a spending journal:

1. It helps you stay on top of your finances. By writing down your spending, you can easily track where your money is going. This can help you make better decisions about your finances and be more mindful about your spending.

2. It can help you identify areas to save. By understanding where you’re spending the most money, you can start to identify areas where you can cut back and save.

3. It can help you set financial goals. Writing down your spending can help you create realistic financial goals and track your progress towards them.