What is Homeowners Insurance?

Learners Quest

Valued Contributor
Credits
$2.24620
Homeowners insurance is a type of insurance that helps protect your home and belongings against damage or loss from covered events . These events can include fire , wind , theft , and more . Homeowners insurance can also help cover the cost of repairs if your home is damaged by a covered event .

Homeowners insurance is important because it can help protect your home and belongings from damage or loss . It can also help cover the cost of repairs if your home is damaged by a covered event . If you have a mortgage , your lender will likely require you to have homeowners insurance . Even if you don't have a mortgage , it's still a good idea to have coverage in case of damage or loss .

Finally, homeowners insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that you're protected in case of an emergency . No one knows when a covered event will happen , so it's important to be prepared. If something does happen , you'll be glad you have coverage . It I important to review your policy periodically to make sure you have the right amount of coverage for your needs .

Beth89

Credits
$0.00000
Yes, I have some experience which I can share with you. Few months back I was in a situation where my place was burglarized, fortunately all my family members were out. But I was left in my house and I was alone for that day. The first thing I did was to call my insurance company, they told me to file a police report and to take photos of my home before the insurance adjusters arrive. The adjusters took the report from me and told me that I would be covered for burglary as part of my homeowners insurance. I followed their instructions and as per the policy, I got a good amount as a settlement. I was glad that my insurance company helped me in this situation, I was feeling helpless at that time. So make sure that you have a good homeowners insurance policy. Any of one have experienced this? share your experience about home insurance.