What is Charity Insurance & who needs it?

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
It's no secret that charity is an important part of life. But what if you lose your job? Or your house burns down? Or some other unforeseen event happens that leaves you without the resources to help out your favorite causes?

Charity insurance can help. Charity insurance is a type of coverage that protects a person or organization from financial loss due to a variety of situations, including:

1. Natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes.

2. Medical expenses related to accidents or illness.

3. Insurance claims related to theft or accidents on the job (this is often called "workplace liability").

4. Legal bills related to lawsuits or legal proceedings against you (this is often called "personal liability" or "tort").

5. Fraud by someone who poses as an employee, volunteer, supplier, client, etc., who steals money from your organization.

The most common misconception about charity insurance is that it's only for large organizations with lots of resources. But even small nonprofits can benefit from having this kind of coverage in place!

Bisolami

Credits
$2.33175
Out of all of the points, I think the one I love most is the fact that it will take care of your bills if you get scammed either by a company or when someone pretends to be an agent of a company. That is a very good one.

I never knew that this kind of insurance exists because I always wonder how people will get their money back or protect themselves even after they have been scammed. But I am very sure that the insurance company will make every necessary investigation before they refund their client. They are very good at investigating...

Elbosn221

Credits
$0.00000
If you're putting off essential medical treatment because you can't afford it, or are struggling to pay a hospital bill, you should know about charity care. Charity care in health care provides free or discounted medical care to people who can't afford to pay.