What are the three types of life insurance?

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
The three types of life insurance are term, whole, and universal.

Term life insurance is a policy that pays out a fixed amount upon the death of the insured person. This type of life insurance pays out money to your beneficiaries only after you die. It's usually owned by companies that sell policies to individuals and families, but some employers may offer it as part of their benefits package.

Whole life insurance is an investment plan that pays out an amount based on the face value of your policy at maturity. It's often sold by banks or other financial institutions because it has low administrative costs. it doesn't need ongoing management or maintenance, as long as there are no changes in the beneficiary list or other terms of the policy.

Universal life insurance is similar to whole-life policies in that it has a guaranteed payout value when you die; however, it has additional perks such as guaranteed premiums, higher rates of return than whole-life policies tend to offer (though they can still be lower than non-guaranteed term policies), and sometimes tax advantages over whole-life policies because they're not tax deferred.

Mika

Verified member
Credits
$0.08870
I do not have any knowledge of universal life insurance policy, I only know term life insurance policy and whole life insurance policy. I have bought a term life insurance policy having a maturity period of 25 years. During the insured period, I will get financial coverage against accidents and terminal illnesses. Once my policy matures, I will have access to insured funds. I can use this fund to make an investment, pay a debt, start a business, or even buy a house. If you want to buy one insurance policy, I suggest you buy term life insurance. This is the best policy for any individual.

Bisolami

Credits
$2.33175
The three types of life insurance are term, whole, and universal.

Term life insurance is a policy that pays out a fixed amount upon the death of the insured person. This type of life insurance pays out money to your beneficiaries only after you die. It's usually owned by companies that sell policies to individuals and families, but some employers may offer it as part of their benefits package.

Whole life insurance is an investment plan that pays out an amount based on the face value of your policy at maturity. It's often sold by banks or other financial institutions because it has low administrative costs. it doesn't need ongoing management or maintenance, as long as there are no changes in the beneficiary list or other terms of the policy.

Universal life insurance is similar to whole-life policies in that it has a guaranteed payout value when you die; however, it has additional perks such as guaranteed premiums, higher rates of return than whole-life policies tend to offer (though they can still be lower than non-guaranteed term policies), and sometimes tax advantages over whole-life policies because they're not tax deferred.
Term life insurance is the most popular type of life insurance in my location and that is the only one I know but I am glad that I am reading this now so that I will be able to learn from it.

Also, I prefer term life insurance or whole life insurance and also universal life insurance may be because I am familiar with the meaning and also because it seems to be straight forward and most beneficial to the beneficiaries of the deceased.

It is good to have any kind of life insurance because it said the families of the deceased from unnecessary stress and I think it is a good one