Viewing Center vs Watching at home: Which is cheaper?

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
This post is specially for young guys. There is no debating the fact that young guys love sports especially football. Weekends are not complete without watching some football action. Some of us prefer to walk into viewing centers to watch football while some prefer to subscribe their cable TV and watch at home. As a financially conscious person, let's examine which of the two options to watch football incurs higher expenses than the other.

When you watch football at viewing centers, you pay between NGN50 to NGN100. That is about $0.11 to $0.22. And an average football fan would watch 3 matches over the weekend and 2 matches in mid-week. That is about 5 matches a week. At that rate, considering the price, an average football lover spends between $0.55 to $1.10 on watching football every week. That is between NGN250 to NGN500 every week on watching football.

To get channels on Cable TV where one can get to watch premium live matches, one has to cough out about NGN10,000. That is about $25 a month. That is to say a week costs NGN2,500. That's about $6. This is rather expensive.

So guys, let's stick to our viewing centers to watch our live matches at an affordable rate. The cable TV can rest.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
Well you only consider the financial cost and didn't take into consideration other things that can cost you more. Now I have an experience with the viewing centers in Nigeria so I'm writing from experience. You didn't include the health effect of a viewing center that can cost you more. Going there all the time to inhale those smokes from active smokers will cost you more when you begin to suffer the health problems. You didn't include that at home you would be watching with friends and family if you to pay for them at the viewing center it will be more and lot other disadvantages.

Kunde

Credits
$0.05365
So some viewing centers still accept N50? It sound surprising to me because here in my area, some are not even accepting N100 but now N150. Any ways I would always choose viewing centers ahead watching at home because apart from the cost of watching at home, I like it as there are more fun.
When we go to viewing centers, there we will meet many people with different views and supporting different teams. So while watching there will be many discussion that will lead to argument and while doing this, we are having fun.
Also we got to mock other fans when there team are loosing and also they mock us likewise if our team is lossing.