My spouse has a lot of debt. Am I responsible for it?

Nightmare

Verified member
Credits
$5.00330
As a man or woman, you might be thinking and wondering why your spouse has a lot of debts.
First, you have to know and always have it in mind that debts is a choice and not compulsory or an obligatory act.... It's is a choice for both gender, so you have to live by thiems term . this is because a lot of workers have misunderstood this term, thinking that debt is a compulsory act , though it might not their fault because they might be in a difficult situations or possible hard time, which affect their lifestyle strictly.

If your spouse has a lot of debts , then it's directly her or his fault and you don't have yourself to blame for that... But though it's not applicable for all cases or situations Because mostly a wife or husband can decide to go take a debt, in order to impress the his wife or her husband, maybe as a result of a disagreement between them or conflict, so one of them will now decide to take a debt for his or her spouse, just to rectify his or her mistake... Even in this situation you aren't still responsible for your spouse debts because you didn't ask or ordered for it but though you're indirectly responsible.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.37390
If your spouse is in debt, and you were unaware of this when you got married, is it your responsibility? The answer is not a straightforward yes or no. There are many factors to consider before you can determine whether you're liable for your spouse's debts.

Financial obligations that come with marriage include shared expenses such as joint mortgage payments and the other bills of daily life. These are the things that the couple will typically share equally. What they won't typically share equally is financial obligations that one spouse may have had prior to entering into marriage (i.e., pre-marital debt).

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
You are not responsible for the debts of your partner pre-marriage. Even the ones after marriage, you are still not responsible. But some good spouses divide to share in the loabilities of their partner.

What of the debt was incurred while trying to fix things for the family? You should share in it. A good spouse should not feel comfortable to watch his/ her house wallowing in debts Avoud debts at all costs.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
when it comes to money spending I think it's an individual thing and funny enough when it comes to financial capabilities the strength is always different for two different people and again you can marry a person that is a spender while you are the conservative one.

So if the other person incurred expenses that leaves them in debt it has nothing to do with you so a spouse high debt has nothing to do with the other person so you don't take responsibility of your husband debt he knows how he incurred them so you should try and sort himself out.