HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU REALLY SAVE FOR YOUR CHILD’S COLLEGE?

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
The cost of college can be a huge burden for families who are looking to send their children off to school. It's easy to get caught up in the stress of figuring out how much money you'll need, when all you want is for your kid to be happy and healthy.

But what if we told you that there was a better way? What if i told you that investing in a college fund for your child wasn't just about saving money. it could also help make sure they had the resources they needed to succeed in school?

The best way to do this is by doing it yourself. By putting aside as much money as possible now, before your child needs it, you'll be able to set them up for success when they get there. If they have enough saved up already, then they'll know exactly how much they need to apply for scholarships and grants, which will help give them even more financial aid options than if they were applying without any savings at all.

With a little planning, it's possible to save enough money so that your child doesn't have just one shot at their dream school. they'll have multiple chances!

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
Well stated I always believe that nothing is too small when it comes to savings. Like the popular sayings little drops of water makes a mighty Ocean this is also applicable to saving money, saving money always depend on ones income if you have a good enough salary monthly then you can save up to 20% of it for your child future.college education

Like I always say nothing is too small just start with what you can the only thing is that not saving at all that is when you get it wrong but when you start saving no matter how little you are taking the first step forward.

Paul Abel

Credits
$4.34230
This particular thing is what is affecting me right now in my tertiary education. My parents haven't been saving and now that am in the tertiary institution, they are having a tough time really taking care of my tuition and all the things that they're supposed to.

It is very good to actually have financial foresight because that is what primarily helps you in making good future financial plans. As a parent, your kids will certainly grow to enter the tertiary school and so you must first look at what you earn and decide how much you can wield to save so as to gradually relief the future financial strain.