Why should I save my money if it's losing value everyday?

Learners Quest

Valued Contributor
Credits
$2.24620
You should save your money because it's always worth more in the long run. Sure, your money is losing value everyday, but so is all of your assets like gold and stocks, but the difference is that when you save money for the future, you are gaining other things in return. One of them would be interest on your savings account. Another thing that you would get back just by saving more and buying less expensive items would be more time to use those savings at a future date.

Work Smarter not Harder

One thing that many people do not realize is how much they can accomplish with just a bit of work every day. For example, you can get just as much done with a little bit of extra effort as you would by working for eight hours. An article I read said that if you did just one more little task everyday, you could actually save 2000 dollars a year and put it towards your retirement fund. Another simple thing that you can do is to put your money away in an interest bearing account. This way, even if the return on your savings account is less than the interest rate on the account, at least the money stays in there growing each month at a rate greater than inflation.