When should a person retire?

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.37390
Generally, people should retire when they are no longer able to do their job properly, or when they have developed a mental or physical condition that makes it very hard for them to do their job. You may also feel it is time to retire if you are not enjoying your work anymore, you have reached the age of pension eligibility, or you have serious health problems.

There is no set age at which point people must retire. A person might find that he/she feels some level of burn out after working for an extended period of time and decides to take a break from work. Similarly, there are some people who are not able to give up their jobs early because they want to earn future benefits .

There is a very famous story of a man who decided to retire at the age of 70 . However, as soon as he began taking his retirement benefits he realized that he felt quite happy and enjoyed life again. That is why some people hold on to their jobs way past the age they should have retired because they feel it is important for them to stay in the workforce .

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
I think one should retire at the official time that was given during the employment period this will make the retirement as official as possible so that the perks and other financial benefits that comes with retirement will be released to the person.

I know that some organisation or establishment only compensate legally retired workers so I think such people should only be retired when it is the official time but then one should be tired early so that you'll be able to accomplish some of the things you are planning to do after retirement because life doesn't start and only ends with the working period

niche

Credits
$1.22950
Usually for employees of companies, the retirement age is specified, though some companies are giving voluntary retirement to employees. In the internet sector in some countries, some small business owners are almost forced to retire after 40, they get almost no paid work if they work from home, however hard they may try. In contrast government employees get very good salaries and pension, though may be doing all their personal work using government equipment. Lawyers, doctors also work till 70 or 80 in some cases, if they are in good health.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
I believe for the worker retirement should happen when you were are legally due for retirement. I know for a lot of work places especially for government jobs the due time is when one have gotten to the age of 65 years so if one can work to that age then there's nothing wrong with retiring. At least to at this age you must have saved over the years. You have your gratitude waiting for you and you would be on monthly persion. So with all these one can gradually retired in peace and do other things that work didn't allow one to do.

niche

Credits
$1.22950
Only a few people are fortunate to have government jobs with a pension, most people here do not have jobs. Also employees in many companies ask their older workers to leave, since they can get younger people to do the same work at a lower cost. Professionals, investors from poor and powerless communities also cannot think of applying for jobs in the country, because their leaders, officials are extremely corrupt, dishonest, greedy and take bribes from the rich and powerful to destroy the lives of professionals, investors from their community.,

Mika

Verified member
Credits
$0.08870
Generally speaking, in most countries, the average retirement age is between 60 and 70. That's when most people retire. The retirement age was created for two reasons, one, to make people stop working so that can live their life peacefully in old age, and two, to allow younger people to join the workforce. However, when the improvement in medicine, people can work much longer than the average retirement age. In my opinion, if you want to retire, you should take the decision based on two facts, one, whether your mental and physical health permits or not, and whether you want to work or not.