What are some good tips for saving money on internet services?

Phantasm

Verified member
Credits
$1.72010
It's not always possible to save money on internet services but it is possible to reduce your costs. If you don't have a landline, make sure that your cell phone plan includes unlimited texting and data. If you're already paying for landline service, compare the cost of a bundled deal with combined home and mobile phone service from other providers. Take the time to read about all available deals when shopping for internet service providers, which can include special discounts for bundling services or early termination fee waivers.

When considering an internet provider, compare prices and speeds using online tools such as Speedtest or OpenSignalMaps. You may find that you can get the same internet speed for less money with another provider. In addition, remember to check introductory rates and bundle deals. Some plans include a lower introductory rate, followed by increased fees after a specified period of time.

Consider using an alternative to cable television service or satellite television service to reduce your cost of internet services. Streaming services such as Netflix offer a wide variety of programming for a reasonable monthly fee. In addition, services like Hulu offer free on-demand streaming of network shows from broadcast networks like NBC and ABC, as well as their affiliate stations.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
Your points are valid, it seems with a lot of things now we just have to look for ways to cut down the prices of things we need to buy. The inflation rate in some countries like Nigeria is really high and as such we need to find good esys to cut cost.

Like with internet cost it is good to look for ways you can cut cost..I sometimes use opera mini because if the free data we are gifted daily. So I take advantage of it to conserve my data and my data will last longer than it would have

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.37390
The best tip I'll give you for saving money on internet services is to call your service provider and negotiate your contract.

You should also make sure you're using a modem with an ethernet port if you would like to avoid paying for the internet service company's power supply.
You can Google different ways to lower your monthly bill and compare plans that are most compatible for you. You can also purchase prepaid cards online or offline, which may have better rates. And if you have a unlimited plan on one device, disable it on other devices in order to avoid overages.