Tips to help win Workers Compensation claims in case of injury

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
Workers' Compensation Insurance is insurance coverage taken by an organization to cover its workers in cases of injury or disability on the job. In this post, I would highlight the steps to be taken by an employee in cases of injury so he/ she can rightfully be awarded the Worker's Compensation Insurance claims.

Let me start by saying that it is important to adequately and timely notify an employer of a work injury. It is a matter of importance that you notify your employer on time because some employers might want to scuttle your claims by stating that the notification came late.

It is also important to have concrete proof of this notification to your employer in case of litigation that might want to deny insurance claims. I advocate a written report or an audio recording. If possible, get a witness that would also see that you have made the notification. In cases of litigation, testimony is not enough.

Also, to get workers' compensation claims, you should let the doctors that are treating you for the injury know that the injury was gotten on the job. This fact needs to be included in the doctor's report. It might be useful in litigation.