The Best Advice To A Student: Tips For College Life, Money

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
There is no one-size-fits-all advice for students, as everyone's experiences and needs are different. However, here are a few general tips that may be helpful:

1. Take advantage of the resources available to you on campus, such as tutoring centers, career services, and health and wellness services.

2. Develop good time management skills and prioritize your tasks. This will help you stay on top of your coursework and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

3. Get involved in extracurricular activities and organizations, as they can provide valuable experiences and connections.

4. Start building good financial habits early on, such as creating a budget and saving money. This will set you up for success in the future.

5. Seek out opportunities for internships and part-time jobs, as they can provide valuable experience and help you build your resume.

6. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it, whether it's from your professors, advisors, or peers.

7. Take care of your physical and mental health by exercising regularly, eating well, and getting enough sleep.

8. Most importantly, enjoy your time in college and make the most of the experiences and opportunities available to you.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.37390
1. Make a budget and stick to it: Money is one of the biggest stressors for college students. Make a budget that includes your expected income, expenses, and savings goals. Be sure to also check out student discounts, coupons, and other ways to save money.

2. Connect with campus resources: Most colleges and universities have a variety of resources to help you with your academic and personal success. Get to know the people in your advisor’s office, your professor’s office, and the financial aid office. These people can be helpful in navigating college life and can be a great source of support.

3. Prioritize your mental health: College can be a stressful time for many students. Make sure to prioritize your mental health by taking time for yourself, engaging in activities you enjoy, and connecting with friends and family. If you find yourself struggling, reach out to a mental health professional or your campus counseling center.

4. Get organized: Time management is key to succeeding in college. Create a system that works for you, whether it’s a traditional planner or an online calendar. Use the tools available to you to keep track of assignments, due dates, and other important tasks.

Abigael

Credits
$0.00000
When I first joined campus, I was told that university is a training ground for every area of my life. Indeed that was very true, it trained me on so many things.

Concerning money making and spending, this is where you gain so much skills. But it is also the time when you may build very bad money habits that could ruin your own financial life. So make sure to make good financial decisions like budgeting, looking for a part time job and getting as many skills as possible that you can sell later on.

A student can work online or offline. So you never run out of ways to start earning money while you are still young. Then avoid some behaviors such as drug abuse and early child birth that might make it hard for you to be financially stable.

Nightmare

Verified member
Credits
$5.00330
As a student there are some few advices you need to take, most especially regarding or about money and your life.
And also as a responsible parent there are advices you need to download on your children in order to enable them have a better view in life and also in terms of money management.
I agreed with the few factor stated above but I would like to outline another important factor a student needs to know.

Avoid Debts: At your level, you don't need debt. As a matter of fact, if possible stay away from it. This is because if you get used to it from now then you may suffer financially later on.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
College students needs to be aware that life is simple for those that want to find it simple. We live in the world and life that we build and that's the truth. if you know that you are not having enough money on you, it Is better that you live on a budget. Living on a budget means that you have acknowledge your financial state and will want to live within your means.

It is also good to take advantage of the side hustles that you are presented with. You just have to look for wsys by which you can make your little money.