How to manage Medicare and an employer health insurance plan.

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
There are some people that are approaching 65 and they want to continue working. All things being equal, they have an employer health insurance plan that covers them. What happens to the employer plan and how does it interface with Medicare given that people approaching 65 are obligated to take Medicare Part A and Part B plans?

At the time of employment before approaching 65, the employer's health insurance was the primary health insurance plan for an employee. As the person approaches 65 and takes Medicare, it is advised that the person studies and understands coverage of the employee plan as a secondary insurance plan. If it has reasonable coverage, it should be moved into a secondary health insurance position while Medicare assumes the primary health insurance coverage for the person.

Should I take a part D Medicare plan with an employer health plan? Now the answer to this question would be in two ways. Does your employer's health plan provide drug coverage? If yes, then you don't need a medicare part D plan? Is the drug coverage credible? If it is as good as Medicare, then you don't need to buy a part D medicare plan, if not, then you would have to buy it.

Nightmare

Verified member
Credits
$5.00330
It is needed by you to be able yo manage your Medicare in order to keep your health in good condition.
Sometimes it's not actually about the insurance, but also on your way of management.
How do i manage my Medicare?
There is a saying, which says health is wealth. Therefore, anything that has to do with your well being has to be taken care off.
To maintain your Medicare, you have make sure that you have your primary health insurance. Though, it really depends on your age.n because people above 65 may not have access to primary health insurance.