Frequently asked questions on homeowners policy cancellation

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
With it comes to homeowners policy cancellation, there are some information that you need to know about it before going ahead to carry it out. So below are the frequently asked questions

Can homeowners insurance be cancelled at any time?
Definitely, you can cancel your homeowners insurance at any given time. You are even entitled to a policy refund as well. .This means that you can cancel at any time and get reimbursed for your unused premiums. However in some cases you might be charge a financial penalty called a short rate cancellation when you cancel early like in just two months. The charge might be about 10% of the annual premium.

After selling my house,when should I cancel homeowners insurance ?
You need to cancel your policy with the date of home’s transfer of ownership. Thing is that when you transfer ownership of your home it is no longer in your place to protect the property. So just transfer and cancel your policy.

Can I totally cancel homeowners insurance?
Sure, you can go on without having a homeowner Insurance in place. But you should know that that if you don’t have homeowners insurance and anything bad happened to your home you’ll have to pay to replace everything yourself.