What is an annuity?

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
An annuity is a retirement product that pays an income for a fixed period of time. You choose how long you want to receive the income, and whether you want it to start immediately or on a future date.

An annuity can be purchased with your savings or through an insurance company. The advantage of buying one is that it's tax-deferred, meaning that any earnings are not taxed as income until you withdraw them from the account. The disadvantage is that they're not as flexible as other investments.

You can also buy an annuity if you want to save up money for retirement, but don't have enough saved up to make a down payment on a house or other large purchase. An annuity lets you earn interest without putting money into an investment account first.

Bisolami

Credits
$2.33175
An annuity is a retirement product that pays an income for a fixed period of time. You choose how long you want to receive the income, and whether you want it to start immediately or on a future date.

An annuity can be purchased with your savings or through an insurance company. The advantage of buying one is that it's tax-deferred, meaning that any earnings are not taxed as income until you withdraw them from the account. The disadvantage is that they're not as flexible as other investments.

You can also buy an annuity if you want to save up money for retirement, but don't have enough saved up to make a down payment on a house or other large purchase. An annuity lets you earn interest without putting money into an investment account first.
I also think that it is necessary for companies or big companies to provide an annuity for every of their workers because it is mostly believed that a Company plans the retirement life of their workers either by removing the premium from the worker's salary every month or by any other means.

For example, I know of a company that helps the workers to plan their life after work. They remove the premium from their salary every month. I think it is very cool like that.

Also, it is my first time hearing that you can earn interest on annuity. That is very cool