The importance of planning financial commitment ahead of time.

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
One thing I have come to realize about us humans is that things don't matter to us if they are not close to us. It is when the dateline is just one week away that we start running around to fix it. Have you ever seen a student that has a $1000 school fee to pay, he/ she just plays around for two weeks before exams before she starts running pillar to post to source for the school fees?

We don't tend to realize the power of planning. If you know something happening in the next three years, it is easier and more convenient to start making a financial commitment towards that thing than to wait for bulk money to come so you fix it. That bulk money might never come. I told a friend today who has a monthly financial commitment of NGN6000. To her, that's huge money and she is wondering where to get it when the payment is due. I told her that if she can keep aside NGN200 every day, within a month, she would have gotten the amount she needed. If you want something in two years, it is not bad to start keeping money for it two years ahead of time.