The Benefits of Having Handyman Liability Insurance

iRogers

Credits
$24.25750
In many states, demonstrating your professionalism by purchasing handyman liability insurance is a requirement. Insurance covers most accidents, including damage to property and injuries to third parties. It can also protect your tools and equipment from damages. Listed below are some benefits of having handyman liability insurance. Let us know if you've already purchased yours. If not, read on for some tips to get started. You'll be glad you did!

General liability:​

If you are in the market for general liability insurance for your handyman business, there are several ways to find the best policy at the lowest price. One way is to go through an insurance broker, who can offer you a single point of contact for all your insurance needs. Brokers usually work on a commission basis and may try to sell you additional policies that don't really fit your needs. Insurance brokers are best for businesses with more complicated insurance needs, but a handyman's business may not benefit from working with a broker.

A handyman's business depends on different types of equipment and tools, and a jack of all trades may use many different types. While these tools are important to a handyman, they can be costly investments. Purchasing contractor's equipment insurance provides protection against damaged equipment or theft, as well as a broad range of other types of damage. The insurance also covers injuries sustained by workers, and will cover any property damage that is incurred by an accident.

Professional liability:​

If you're a handyman, you should get professional liability insurance. This insurance policy will protect you if you get sued for something you did, including damaging property. It will also cover any legal defense costs or compensation you have to pay out. You should consider combining your handyman insurance with your general business insurance policy. These policies usually include a mix of commercial property, liability insurance, and business interruption insurance. You can also customize your policy to cover your specific needs.

Hartford offers professional liability insurance for handymen, but it doesn't list premium information online. However, you can get a quote for around $1,700 annually from Hartford. Additional endorsements cost another $40 to $200 per year. Hiscox is another great option for handyman businesses, and you can pay in installments if you're an independent handyman. Additionally, this insurance provider offers a flexible payment plan, which is especially helpful for those who operate from their homes.

Errors and omissions:​

If you own a small business, you should consider adding Errors and Omissions coverage to your general liability insurance. This coverage will pay for legal expenses if someone files a lawsuit against you, even if the claim is unfounded. It's important to keep this coverage in place to protect your small business from lawsuits and financial losses caused by a mistake or omission.

Errors and omissions insurance for contractors is different from other types of liability insurance. It doesn't cover intentional misconduct, such as shirking responsibility. However, it can cover negligence that damages the value of the work. For example, a plumber might cut corners or substitute cheap materials in an attempt to save money. If these actions aren't caught, the policy won't pay for the repair.

Clodmiran

Credits
$0.00000
Totally agree on this one. I have been working as a handyman for more than ten years, and I have had my insurance since my first day of work. It saved me more than five times from essential financial loss. Two times the clients sued me for more than $100 000, and I would never be able to repay that from my pocket. So, if you are a handyman without insurance or plan to become one, please, read more about the insurance prices for handymen at handymaninsured.com. It can save you from a lot of problems one day. You never know what can happen at work, and you feel much better knowing that if something happens, you will have financial support.

Last edited: