How To Identify And Overcome Financial Abuse?

Yusra

Valued Contributor
Credits
$0.04770
Financial abuse is the act of one person using their power to control another person financially. It comes in many forms, but it's often done by someone who is in a position of trust, like your partner or parent.

How can you tell if you're being abused? Keep in mind that financial abuse can take many forms, so it's important to be aware of the signs before you find yourself in an abusive relationship.

Here are some signs of financial abuse:

1. Someone who controls your money and refuses to let you spend it as you wish.

2. Someone who threatens to cut off access to money or property if you try to leave the relationship.

3. Someone who makes all of the major decisions about how your money is spent and doesn’t allow you input on those decisions.

4. Someone who does not allow you to have access to bank accounts or credit cards unless they are present when they open them for you.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
I have never encountered any of these si hopefully I'm not going through this financial abuse but this is to say other are not going through it. I think a lot of people migjy not even know they are going through it if they have never come across this.

I don't understand why one would make money and another try to control it . it doesn't make any good sense to me apart from the controller trying to abuse The controlled. So one should be. careful so as to cut away any one that wsnt to boxed one into such a space.

saoussen5765

Credits
$2.15665
1. Someone who controls your money and refuses to let you spend it as you wish.
Sometimes you are lavishly spending the money on something that is not necessary and losing your funds for nothing, this is not always a drawback.

Nightmare

Verified member
Credits
$5.00330
Sometimes when we have financial problems, the fault is not always on you. As a matter of fact, following the past result of the reason/ responsible factors for financial problems.
There are a lot/many ways to identify financial abuse, and just as listed above. The factors are mainly responsible for financial abuses but let's talk on how to correct this violence, that is, get rid of or overcome it.
When someone tends to prohibit you from getting the things you want and spending your money based on your wish, then there's a solution to that, which is simply Taken illegal action against the person. For example Reporting him to any nearby agency.

saoussen5765

Credits
$2.15665
Sometimes when we have financial problems, the fault is not always on you. As a matter of fact, following the past result of the reason/ responsible factors for financial problems.
There are a lot/many ways to identify financial abuse, and just as listed above. The factors are mainly responsible for financial abuses but let's talk on how to correct this violence, that is, get rid of or overcome it.
When someone tends to prohibit you from getting the things you want and spending your money based on your wish, then there's a solution to that, which is simply Taken illegal action against the person. For example Reporting him to any nearby agency.
This means if your parents is doing that, you will report them to nearby agency, this is something not logical at all.

Mika

Verified member
Credits
$0.08870
You should take your own financial decision. You might take advice and tips from other people but it is you who should make the final verdict., If you listen to other people and do what they say, they don't lose anything it is you who will lose., Therefore, never follow anyone blindly. Secondly, you should be able to control your own money, you can control your own money only when you have access to your money. Sometimes your investment can go wrong, in a situation like this, if possible you should immediately pull your investment, if necessary you can also take legal actions