Can one set up income streams across different profesions?

Etini Willie

Credits
$2.92630
The importance of multiple streams of income cannot be over-emphasized. It helps you to have reliable cash flow. There are people that have interests across multiple professions? Can they set up multiple streams of income across two contrasting professions? If possible, how would the person manage the both profession so none would suffer.

Imagine I have been trained in nursing and I have been working as a nurse for quite some time. Along the line, I pick and develop an interest in law. Is it possible for me to be a nurse which is a complete science discipline and also be a lawyer which is a complete arts discipline.

I think it is not possible as methodologies and practices across the two professions are markedly different. I think pursuing a career in both would make you to lose interest in one of them while the other one flourishes in your hands. The best thing is to set up multiple streams in related field.

It is easy that way as the two fields would complement each other. If I am a farmer of chickens and I set up another stream in crop farming. It would be easier for me because the two fields are closely related.

Augusta

Valued Contributor
Credits
$1.86850
I think a lot of people knows this and I've been practicing this for a while nowm Anybody that don't want to be in lack will always diversified because that is the only way you can have money at all times so that if source A is not giving you money then source B should bring you money.

So for your illustration one being an animal farmer doesn't stop one from being a plant farmer so that we can make money from the two sources some people even add fish farming to it This is all in a bit to have money at all times.

Paul Abel

Credits
$4.34230
It is possible to actually engage in more than one profession but that is never a wise decision. It is like that saying which goes, Jack of all trade, master of none!

By saying jack of all trades, it means that it is possible to be a participant in more than one venture or enterprise but you will lack the feature of professionalism. You won't be able to focus on one and gain the best from it since you're going hanky panky trying to find uniformity with two seemingly unrelated jobs.

I concur fully to the fact that one should find a particular thing to become a master in.

Switching is possible, like leaving nursing and becoming a lawyer if you feel you prefer that. But joining the two? No!